JCDOT is hiring! Are you looking for a seasonal winter job to help pay bills? JCDOT is now accepting applications for snowplow drivers/laborers. For more information, click here.
Since 1912 the Jackson County Department of Transportation has strived to provide the best service possible to its residents.
To report safety or emergency situations, the Jackson County Department of Transportation can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (517) 788-4230.
JCDOT has created this site as an informational tool to keep Jackson County residents and visitors up-to-date on issues and news. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or road related concern.
- Sandstone Charter Township railroad crossing closure (Update September 27, 2016) - US Trackworks, LLC, the railroad construction contractor chosen to perform railroad track renewal work in Jackson County, closed the railroad crossing on North Dearing Road, between Cuff Road and East Michigan Avenue, on September 19, 2016. This location is between the City of Jackson and the Village of Parma. Crews are working on pavement regrading and replacement. Improvements to track panel and rail will also be made, if needed. Detour signs are posted for both vehicles and pedestrians. This project is expected to be completed October 5, 2016.
- Baseline Road Closure, Tompkins Township - On Tuesday, September 27, 2016, Jackson County Department of Transportation crews plan to close Berry Road, between Lansing Avenue and State Road, for a cross culvert replacement, weather permitting. No detour route will be posted and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being completed. The road is expected to be reopened by 5pm.
- Baseline Road Closure, Tompkins Township - JCDOT crews plan to close Baseline Road, between Walker Road and Rives Eaton Road, on Monday, September 26, 2016, at approximately 7:30am, for culvert repair. No detour route will be posted, and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being undertaken. The work is expected to be completed by the end of the day, weather permitting.
- Fifth Street Project Update, September 21, 2016 - The Merlo Construction crew is on site today. They are making saw cuts to remove original curb, and portions of sidewalk. They will also be removing 125 feet of old sidewalk on the west side of Fifth Street, between Broad Street and Lockwood Street. Light poles are expected to be delivered near the end of the month.
About the Robinson Rd. pavement markings
Thermoplastic is a process where paint is heated to 500°, and then applied to pavement. Read more >>
- Robinson Road Update, September 21, 2016 - A message from Daniel Valdez, Surveyor/Engineering Specialist, Retired: Thank you, to the residents in the Robinson Road Reconstruction Project neighborhood for your cooperation and understanding, while this task was completed. This much needed infrastructure improvement will serve our community for many years. We have just a few things left to complete, including removing barrels, erecting road signs, site clean-up and the final inspection.
Robinson Road Update, September 20, 2016
To encourage recently planted grass seed to sprout, residents should water it regularly. Moist soil is critical to helping seedlings grow and flourish. Read more >>
Michigan's first 'Road Bee Day'
Public roads may be the one link that connects all Michigan residents and visitors. Whether you are a licensed driver or not, roads, bridges, and streets are a vital part of getting where you need to go.
Read more >>