1912 the Jackson County Department of Transportation has strived to provide
the best service possible to its residents.
To report safety or emergency situations, the Jackson County Department of Transportation
can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (517) 788-4230.
JCDOT has created this site as an informational tool to keep Jackson County
residents and visitors up-to-date on issues and news. Please feel free
any questions or road related concern.
- Amtrak will be closing the following roads/rail crossings next week for necessary repairs:
Monday, 10/07/13—Portage Road and Mills Road in Leoni Township
Tuesday, 10/08/13—North Dearing Road and Hendershot Road in Sandstone Charter Township
Detour routes will be posted and drivers are advised to follow those routes while each project is being undertaken. The work is expected to be completed by the end of each respective work day, at which time the roads will be reopened to all traffic.
If you have any questions, please contact the Amtrak office at (860) 234-9062.
- Effective Monday, August 12, 2013, construction will begin on the Berry Road at Churchill Road intersection in Rives Township. Local traffic, including property owners, emergency vehicles and school busses will be permitted at all times and through traffic is advised to follow the posted detour route using Lansing Avenue and Territorial Road during construction. There will be periodic delays in traffic movement during culvert installation where the entire road will be closed temporarily. The project is expected to be completed and open to traffic by mid-September.
- Effective Monday, August 12, 2013, construction will begin for the replacement of the Folks Road Bridge over the South Branch of the Kalamazoo River between Wheeler Road and Van Wert Road in Pulaski Township. Motorists are advised to follow the posted detour route of Van Wert Road, Howard Road and Pulaski Road during replacement of the bridge which is expected to be completed by the end of October.
The Folks Road Bridge has been closed since April 2011.
- Effective Thursday, July 11, 2013, Springport Road between North Parma Road and Brown Road in Springport Township will be closed to all traffic because of a road failure. Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route until a defined detour route can be posted. The road will remain closed indefinitely.
- East Michigan Avenue between Bender Road Vista Drive was opened to all traffic on July 30, 2013
- O’Brien Road between West Michigan Avenue & McCain Road was opened to
all through traffic on May 30, 2013.
VIEW ALL UPCOMING JCDOT PROJECTS
Click Here for
Detour Maps for roads currently being serviced.
bridges in Jackson County are closed until further notice:
Folks Road Bridge between Wheeler Road & Van
Wert Road over the South Branch of the Kalamazoo River (Pulaski
Township). Construction began August 6, 2013.
Cross Road Bridge between Sears Road & Cochran
Road over the North Branch of the Kalamazoo River (Spring Arbor Township)
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes.
The following bridge in Jackson County are reduced
to one (1) lane with restricted load posting:
Warner Road Bridge between Albion Road & Mann
Road over the North Branch of the Kalamazoo River (Concord Township).
The Jackson County Department of Transportation has received funding to replace the Warner Road Bridge & the Cross Road Bridge during the 2014 construction season.