NOW HIRING! The Jackson County Department of Transportation is accepting applications for a Design and Construction Engineer. For more information,
Since 1912 the Jackson County Department of Transportation has strived to provide the best service possible to its residents.
To report safety or emergency situations, the Jackson County Department of Transportation can be reached 24 hours a day, 7 days a week at (517) 788-4230.
JCDOT has created this site as an informational tool to keep Jackson County residents and visitors up-to-date on issues and news. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or road related concern.
- Springbrook Road between Sears Road and Kimmel Road in Summit Township will be closed Friday, September 19th, ,2014 from 8am to 2pm. Crews will be performing paving operations in this area. No detour route will be posted and drivers are advised to seek an alternate route while the project is being undertaken. The paving work is expected to be completed by 2pm, at which time the road will be reopened to all traffic.
- Springport Road in Tompkins Township, between Garfeild Road and Clough Road, will be closed September 18, 2014, to replace a 15 inch cross culvert. The road will be open by the end of the day.
- Snyder Rd. will be closed on Tuesday, September 8, for a cross tube replacement at the intersection of N. Tompkins. Work will begin at 7am and the road will be open by 5pm.
- Road work for the Jefferson Road project between U. S. 127 and the West Village Limits of Brooklyn in Columbia Township will reconvene Monday, September 8th. Traffic will be maintained along Jefferson Road and motorists will experience lane closures and traffic delays during construction. No detour route will be posted and motorists are advised to seek an alternate route while this work is being undertaken. The construction work is expected to be completed by the end of the week at which time Jefferson Road will be reopened to all traffic. Message boards on U. S. 127 and on M – 50 will continue to provide traffic updates for the work activities.
- The following roads will be closed for construction: South Arbor Heights and West Arbor Heights between Ogle Street and Second Street (Spring Arbor Township) will be closed starting September 5, 2014. Crews will be performing road construction work in these areas. Ogle Street between M-60 and Second Street (Spring Arbor Township) will be closed starting September 8, 2014 for road construction work College Street, south of Second Street (Spring Arbor Township) will be closed starting September 8, 2014 for road construction work. Each road will be open to local traffic and emergency vehicles only. All roads are scheduled for paving on September 12, 2014, weather permitting, at which time the roads will be reopened to traffic.
Salt prices soar following rough winter
While Michigan residents are enjoying the dog days of summer, road agencies are quietly preparing for winter. The County Road Association said that state and local road agencies are bracing for a massive increase in salt prices expected this year – yet another hit for cash-strapped road maintenance budgets.
Read more >>
- Effective Thursday, July 11, 2013, Springport Road between North Parma Road and Brown Road in Springport Township will be closed to all traffic because of a road failure. Motorists are advised to seek an alternate route until a defined detour route can be posted. The road will remain closed indefinitely.
VIEW ALL UPCOMING JCDOT PROJECTS
The following bridges in Jackson County are under construction and expected to be completed in mid-September:
Cross Road Bridge between Sears Road & Cochran
Road over the North Branch of the Kalamazoo River (Spring Arbor Township)
Motorists should follow the respective detour route.
Warner Road Bridge between Albion Road & Mann
Road over the North Branch of the Kalamazoo River (Concord Township). Motorists should follow the respective detour route.